Sleek and spacious, the Spirit of Freedom offers the best in live-aboard dive cruising to the Coral Sea and Ribbon Reefs. The 4 Day Coral Sea tour begins Thursday morning at 8.30am with a low level flight from Cairns along the coastline and over the reef to Lizard Island to meet the Spirit of Freedom. The first day will see you diving the very top of the Ribbon Reefs, before overnight travel out to Osprey Reef in the Coral Sea. Two days is spent diving the spectacular walls of Osprey Reef, an old volcanic atoll lying 220 km off the coast. Renown for its spectacular 1000 metre walls, Osprey Reef also offers massive soft corals, amazing shark action, and exceptional visibility. North Horn at the tip of Osprey is a site where grey reef sharks, silvertips, and the occasional oceanic congregate. Here you can also experience a close encounter with the Spirit of Freedom shark attraction dive. The last day is spent at Ribbon Reef Number 3, or occasionally if the weather permits, Bougainville Reef, to the south of Osprey Reef. Overnight travel on the last night, returns you to Cairns early on the Monday morning.
Recommended Dive Experience Level: PADI Advanced or equivalent and above
Adventure Level: Mid range to High level, depending on the winds, swells, and currents.
1. SNORKELERS. The (at times) deeper reefs tops and currents of the Coral Sea, make the Coral Sea reefs only suitable for experienced snorkellers and strong swimmers. You may not be able to snorkel at every site. Please note that while you be safe under the watchful eye of the look-out crew, a snorkel buddy may not always be available.
2. Due to light aircraft restrictions, your total weight of your luggage is limited to 20 kilograms/ 45 lb per person, including your dive gear and carry on luggage.
3. This itinerary is a sample only and sites may vary or the sequence may change. Access to the Cod Hole and the Coral Sea is tide and weather conditional.
- Transfers to/ from your Cairns city hotel
- One way flight from Cairns to Lizard Island
- Opportunity for up to 15 dives
- Ensuite cabin with daily service
- Chef prepared gourmet meals
- Australian wines & soft drinks with evening meals.